Menu

Trnasmission problems

• Creator
    Topic
    Jhowe93Jhowe93
    Participant

I’m back with yet another problem.

Yesterday, i went to the store to pick some things up, when i pulled out into traffic the trans(auto) went into 1st gear untill 4k rpm, then slammed into 2nd, went to 3.5k rpm then slammed into 3rd. went back into 2nd, then into 4th. the oil was LOW, so i put some in. then i went for a drive and it suddenly downshifted into 1st right around the 5k rpm mark. the trans only has 59k miles on it (i know, its 29k over due for service) but i should not be buring trans fliud at only 59k. and i cant afford anything until the 25th.

Edit: i can manually shift 1&2, but it jars the truck when going into drive or reverse.

1994 ford f-150, xlt, 5.8l, 2wd, eod4 transmission. 213k miles on truck, 59k miles on trans.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Thanks for keeping us posted on the fix and its great to see you only needed a new speed sensor versus a new transmission!

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Indeed a faulty speed sensor can cause the trans not to shift normally. As for the cluster I’m not sure what to tell you here, you might try a salvage yard as suggested, it’s just strange that even with a new speed sensor it’s not reading correctly. Keep us posted on that part.

Jhowe93Jhowe93
          Participant

ya, ebay has one for $145, but i hope that the pull-apart yard i go to will still have the one for $75. on another note, does anyone know how to get the mileage on one of those to read the actual mileage,(the other only reads 150k the truck is 213K)

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…