Menu

Tuneup for 2004 Nissan Quest explorer will run for 10 sec only help

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums Tuneup for 2004 Nissan Quest explorer will run for 10 sec only help

• Creator
    Topic
    RichRich
    Participant

Can you pull any codes, that would be a big help to determine what it is? Also check if the alarm has a fuse, pull it and start the car. Could be a vacuum leak or a bad fuel pressure regulator.

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BigCBigC
      Participant

Typical fuel systems are between 35 – 45 psi. Disengage the fuel pump (pull the fuse), and reliever fuel pressure by cranking the engine over. If the vehicle starts, it should stall almost immediately. Turn the key to the “off” position. Re-install the fuel pump fuse. Hook the fuel gauge up, turn the key to the “on” position, and monitor the pressure in the system. Afterwards, start the vehicle and monitor the fuel pressure readings while running (and when the vehicle stalls). Keep us posted on what you find.

raceking1324raceking1324
        Participant

ok i will keep u all up to date on it and thanks for all the help

raceking1324raceking1324
          Participant

OK now i told u all i would put a video up and hear it is OK thanks http://youtu.be/VLamYdUoboE

redfuryredfury
            Participant

Quoted From raceking1324:

OK now i told u all i would put a video up and hear it is OK thanks http://youtu.be/VLamYdUoboE

Boy, that sounds eerily like my wifes grand am when it snapped the camshaft. I’d honesly pull a valve cover and make sure that all 3 cylinders on that bank are clicking the valves. Have you lost any antifreeze slowly or have questioned the intake manifold gasket in recent past? You might want to watch this…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZUtWPCMmM It’s not the same motor obviously, but that is running on 4 of the 6 cylinders. #1 bent the valve and had also gummed up the rings on the piston due to long term coolant loss, which was giving me a cylidner #1 random misfire code intermittently..usually after it had sat for a couple of days. I’m sure enough coolant got in the cylinder to muck up the firing of that cylinder and set the code off….I chased this thing for 3 months before I figured it out and I’d hate to see you do the same. I’ll always remember the one thing my instructors in the military always told us when we were diagnosing vehicles. KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid! Verify that all your cylinders are working! Not just spark and fuel, but that the spark and fuel are going through the 4 cycles properly.

You can pull plug wires to determine this too. Since you have oil pressure when cranking, then likely the cylinders that would be affected would be the ones furthest from the oil pump gear on the camshaft.

This may all be a moot point if the cam gear is on one end and the oil pump gear is on the other like our grand am was…we had no oil pressure, which should have been my first clue…sometimes I don’t follow my own rules W-|

dreamer2355dreamer2355
              Participant

Did you check for any codes on the computer and what about a KOEO fuel pressure test?

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…