Menu

Marvel Mystery Oil

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Marvel Mystery Oil

• Creator
    Topic
    chevyazchevyaz
    Participant

What do you guys think of this product? I just put it in my tank when I fill up. Seems to work ok for me. I dont put it in the crankcase.Just the fuel tank.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      stingray66stingray66
      Participant

This is getting to look like amateur hour
        Today I changed my oil in
        My jeep It takes 6qt in put in 5 1/2 qts and put in a 1/2 of Mabel mystery oil in
        I have done this for 40 years I use this in my oil and in my fuel
        marvel mystery oil is one of the best products out there top engine builders use this all the time

SpawnedXSpawnedX
        Participant

Marvel Mystery Oil is nothing more than Kerosene. It cleans things, you MAY see an increase in fuel MPG if you use gallons of it, and we are talking less than a MPG at best.

I don’t know why anyone would use it in a new engine build. It has no value, a properly assembled engine should be clean and used with proper break in oil. You are free to use it, but the science does not support the claims.

SpawnedXSpawnedX
          Participant

Feel free to think as you please. But do not question my ability as a tech and a car builder. My own personal vehicle is making just shy of 440 whp and running consistent 11s on my own personal build. I built the engine in my father’s 70 Chevelle. It’s running low 9s.

There is mineral spirits in MMO. We use mineral spirits in parts cleaners for it’s ability to quickly clean and remove carbon AND oil from parts. I can see why you would put a chemical into your brandy-new engine that wants to wash away the oil from your rotating assembly.

One thing is certain, I don’t care how long you have been a mechanic. I do know the “old guns” are incapable of understanding the differences between engines made in the 60s and high performance, tight tolerance engines used today.

I will make a deal with you. Go find me scientific research that supports anything you believe about this MMO and I will take back everything I said.

Jason Alexmckrishes
            Participant

Interesting discussion. For the skeptics: Is there proof that it does not work? For the believers: Is there proof that it does work?

SpawnedXSpawnedX
              Participant

Also both kerosene and mineral oil are paraffins. Mineral oil is basically highly refined kerosene oil.

SpawnedXSpawnedX
                Participant

Oh and Shelby also happened to collect a yearly check of nearly 4 million dollars for pitching MMO. That’s how the business works, it’s why educated consumers see right past those recommendations.

stingray66stingray66
                  Participant

You Got the Balls to Question my ability You Will Never be as good as me been doing this for 50 years
                    I am so done with this B/S and WILL NOT Waste any more of my time :angry:

SpawnedXSpawnedX
                    Participant

Okay. Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

chevyazchevyaz
                      Participant

Mr Stingray thanks for your great comments and knowledge I am a believer in MMO and I really don’t care about proof or who got paid the point is if we want to use MMO we are going to use it. So mr Spawned. You make great points also but really Older mechanics don’t get it about todays tech? Give it up dude who do think you are super mechanic? Old techs are just as smart. Who do think teaches new tachs? Older mechanics do. Jeez man give it a rest.

SpawnedXSpawnedX
                        Participant

Uh huh, just like Mr. Stingray, come back when your argument has some facts and science behind it. Until then use it or don’t, I don’t care, but 50 years of experience means nothing, especially on the internet. Mineral spirits clean oil of parts by diluting the oil and making it thinner. Using it as break in oil is absurd. You can make an argument for running it right before an oil change and that has more weight than using it as break in oil.

Older techs don’t teach new techs. Go work in a dealership for a month. Older techs milk the gravy and point and laugh at young techs who are struggling and not offer a hand. They are also the first ones to complain about new technology.

Cars now-a-days use 20 weight oil, so let’s dilute it more shall we? You both need to learn the differences between fact and opinion. The fact is, no one has been able to provide proof that it works, because if it does, if anything, it is an irrelevant gain.

You want to see if it works? Get a bottle of MMO and bring your car to a gas station and fill it up with premium. Drive it only the speed limit and record your average MPG, then refill at the same gas station and add MMO, drive the speed limit in the same weather conditions again and record your average MPG. Make sure your tire pressures are set to the proper pressures as well. You can do this once a month for all I care, you will find that 50% of the time you get better MPG with MMO and 50% of the time you will get better MPG without.

As far as using a mineral spirit in your oil…well good luck.

DaveDave
                          Participant

[quote=”stingray66″ post=41143]This is getting to look like amateur hour
                            Today I changed my oil in
                            My jeep It takes 6qt in put in 5 1/2 qts and put in a 1/2 of Mabel mystery oil in
                            I have done this for 40 years I use this in my oil and in my fuel
                            marvel mystery oil is one of the best products out there top engine builders use this all the time[/quote]
                            I would say, that your “success” is because of your ability and not of the product you specify.

DaveDave
                            Participant

[quote=”mckrishes” post=41160]Interesting discussion. For the skeptics: Is there proof that it does not work? For the believers: Is there proof that it does work?[/quote]

Prove that the Tooth Fairy doesn’t exist.

She’s given me money after all!

stingray66stingray66
                              Participant

There has been a lot of crappy products over the years Does any one remember graphite oil back in the early 70s
                                Marvel mystery oil has been around since 1920s and has been one of the best I have ever used. Bill Jenkins tuned me on to it and he was way better engine builder than any one on here
                                If marvel mystery oil was just kerosene:lol: 😆 as spawnedX suggested then it would have been pulled years ago like graphite oil
                                I did get up set with SpawnedX trying to say that my 40 plus years with an ASE master tech did not mean a thing
                                all I can say he is an amateur that does not know any better
                                Any way I like it NEVER had any problems with it in 40 years and WILL continue to use it, any one else well It up to you believe what you want.
                                JUST DONT TELL ME MY YEARS EXPERIENCE don’t mean a thing
                                I am DONE with this I have said my peace

DaveDave
                                Participant

Experience doesn’t mean anything without data because people are easily deceived.

Experience is limited to your corner of your little world.

Not having problems with the product does not mean it works – I have never had any problems with my Lucky Rabbit’s foot either.

Experience means nothing.

Technology is advancing so fast now that if you are going to rest on your laurels (experience) you will be left behind and out of work.

SpawnedXSpawnedX
                                  Participant

Your experience means nothing, especially when you cannot provide any logical support to your claims of snake oil working. Let me sum up your argument:

“Marvel Mystery Oil is amazing cause I said so cause I work on cars for 40 years. You disagree with me you must be an amateur technician, how dare you tell me off with reason, logic and science. Only I can call a technician an amateur with no skills, but if you do it to me, I need a tampon.”

Stuff’s a myth. Anyone who takes the time to confirm what I just said will agree.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…