Menu

ETCG Answers Questions Live #79 (AMA) 1/4/2017

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Answers Questions Live ETCG Answers Questions Live #79 (AMA) 1/4/2017

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This will be my first live show of 2017! It’s good to be back.

The show will begin at 7pm EST 1/4/2017. I’m going to make this an AMA style show so you can ask automotive questions as well as whatever you like (within reason). I’ll do my best to answer as many questions as possible in the hour I’ll be doing the show. Here’s a hint. The sooner you post your question, the more likely it is to get answered.

After the show concludes, I’m going to post the video to this thread and lock it down until the next show scheduled for 1/18/2017.

Hope to see you tonight!

Viewing 14 replies - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      bruce sloanebruce sloane
      Participant

new PCM
        old KEY

IMMOBILIZER …!!!!

TylerTyler
        Participant

Hey Eric I’ve been following your for years now on YouTube and love the short to the point approachyou take with auto repair. Your videos helped me a bunch replacing timing belts and the like on Hondas and other imports. Anyway, my question is relating to a project car. I own a rusty old 1984 F150 with a t19 4speed manual. I purchased the truck for 500 and my plan is to build it into a road legal mud machine. My landlord has an old 1970 hearse with th400 and bug block caddy 500 in it for about what I have in the truck. The engine currently is a 302 2bbl and burns oil like crazy with the OD north of 200k. I am a welder by trade but engines aren’t my Forte. Do you think I would be better off staying with the 302 or possibly a 351 or going all out to cram that caddy big block and auto th400 under it? Thanksort for the good work stay safe and stay dirty!

-Tyler

John PaylorJohn Paylor
          Participant

Troubleshooting from another continent, Good evening Eric, the day before the army moved me to South Korea my beloved 89 Mitsubishi mighty max 2.0 straight 4 5 speed manual with 230K went from running like a champ, to wanting to idle at no less than 2000 RPM’s, throttle cable is not stuck as I disconnected it completely and the problem persisted, had my brother in law replace the carb with a brand new one, same issue. Everything is vacuum controlled to include the timing advance. Any thoughts, even bad ones would be appreciated lol thanks for all that you do.

bruce sloanebruce sloane
            Participant

re:: the Miata

Edmund CottaEdmund Cotta
              Participant

Hello Eric,

I have a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 3.8L v6 ohv with FWD.
                I wanted to convert it to the AWD System as I recently moved to Hawaii and that model Car is not available here but would Come in great use.

My question is do you have any idea what would be involved in the conversion and if so what modifications do I need to make.

Money is not an issue.

Thank you and Happy New Year

vamsivamsi
                Participant

Hello Eric, My 2000 accord automatic trans L4 was started to jerk while engaging to D4 i.e between 55-60. is it a problem with transmission wearing out. BTW it has 184k. Is it worth replacing transmission JDM selling these transmissions for 300-400!!

Thank you

Jason WhippleJason Whipple
                  Participant

no maf

IanIan
                    Participant

Hi Eric, I have a 1998 Chevrolet c1500 with the Vortec 350. I am having a problem with outside front tire wear. The front of the truck ‘hops’ around while making a hard-over turn either direction (especially when the ground is wet). I have had it aligned, to no avail. what would you recommend looking at? ball joints and tie rods have all been replaced. Happy new year, stay dirty!
                      Automatic, extended cab, new tires

Rich EdingerRich Edinger
                      Participant

Hi, Eric.

I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ that makes a loud bang when I drive over a speed hump. It happens on the driver’s side front only. I’ve replaced the tie rods already and during that procedure, I noticed that the bump stop is sheared off at the top of the cup that it sits in. Could this be the problem?

Thanks for the great videos. I really appreciate your time.

Rich

JerryJerry
                        Participant

Hi Eric,

I have a 2007 f150 with 150,000 miles on it, I recently noticed the gasket on the rear diff is leaking oil and trying to figure out wether or not to use a premade gasket or some RTV. It’s a 9.75″ diff if that matters. Also what torque do I need to tighten the bolts to?

Brian HolmesBrian Holmes
                          Participant

Hi Eric,

I have an old little 50’s Ford Truck from my grandfather and am installing a Ford 8.8″ diff.
                            I’m up to the point of making park brake cables – I wanted to ask if your custom cables are holding up?
                            I have a MIG welder and would rather DIY like you than send out for custom work.

Thanks!

Chris GuyChris
                            Participant

I have a 2004 Honda Pilot that has some whining from the power steering, especially when the engine first starts. Power Steering fluid level is good, and there do not seem to be any issues with steering. Is the pump going bad?

RyanRyan
                              Participant

93 Honda Civic has normal running two but when I drive it goes crazy but never hit any suggestions

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                                Keymaster

Here is the video of the live show 1/4/2017.

Thanks for watching. Next show scheduled for 1/18/2017

Viewing 14 replies - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Loading…