Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars Least Favorite Cars

• Creator
    Topic
    mkcmkc
    Participant

’70 Chevelle 350 2bbl
      -surging on acceleration
      -left front tire wore out on the outside in less than 5000 miles
      Neither the numerous mechanics nor the GM Engineer that looked at it could fix either problem.

’90 Taurus
      -stalling and rough idle
      -on long road trips after about 2 hours of driving, a damper inside the dash would close and then no more AC until the car cooled down completely
      Numerous mechanics tried and failed to fix these problems
      -AC compressor failure
      -numerous CV joint replacements
      all w/ less than 70,000 miles

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 130 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Alexander NussbaumAlexander Nussbaum
      Participant

I got mine would have to be the pt cruiser and the neon, just be they both suck working on. I can’t tell you how much I hate when one pulls in. But I kind of hate most anything from GM. If you go for American you got to go for ford. Import Hondas are nice. But Kia is coming up.

PeterPeter
        Participant

I hate working on Fiat cars and especially Multipla. It is such an ugly car to repair.

PeterPeter
          Participant

I hate working on Fiat cars and especially Multipla. It is such an ugly car to repair.

KennyKenny
            Participant

Late 2000’s Chevy Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS, Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, and Buick LaCrosse Super… They’re all one in the same, V8 crammed sideways into a W-Body with service as a complete afterthought. Never had a good experience working on one.

That and pretty much anything Cadillac… especially Northstars.

The first thing I look at when buying a car is me fixing it, needless to say I’ll never own one of these cars.

KennyKenny
              Participant

Late 2000’s Chevy Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS, Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, and Buick LaCrosse Super… They’re all one in the same, V8 crammed sideways into a W-Body with service as a complete afterthought. Never had a good experience working on one.

That and pretty much anything Cadillac… especially Northstars.

The first thing I look at when buying a car is me fixing it, needless to say I’ll never own one of these cars.

AndreAndre
                Participant

Medium – large cars that have jacked up suspension, big wheels 2WD or part time 4WD but no real off road ability.
                  e.g. BMW X5, Lexus RX etc.

Or any other car that is aimed at those people who choose their car based on the image or status it comes with.

AndreAndre
                  Participant

Medium – large cars that have jacked up suspension, big wheels 2WD or part time 4WD but no real off road ability.
                    e.g. BMW X5, Lexus RX etc.

Or any other car that is aimed at those people who choose their car based on the image or status it comes with.

JamieJamie
                    Participant

[quote=”ClicknClack” post=14993]Anything European sucks. Anything. Why do they have to make everything ass backwards? Why are Audi tie-rods connected at the top of the steering knuckle, making alignments a HUGE pain in the ass? Why do all European cars have a 14 step process to reset the oil light? WHY DONT LATE MODEL BMWS HAVE DIPSTICKS????!?!?!?! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE EM ALL[/quote]

Like the statistics say: VW has more cars on the road with over 100,000 miles than any other make. I’ve never ever seen an American built car last longer than 250,000mile. Mercedes, VW, Audi, BMW. They surpass that mark and keep going. Just to rub in how awesome German cars are you have obviously never seen someone pull a Jeep out of a ditch in a blizzard with an ancient Audi 100 Quattro…..like I have, laughing.

At least with European cars you wont need both metric and imperial tools at hand.

JamieJamie
                      Participant

[quote=”ClicknClack” post=14993]Anything European sucks. Anything. Why do they have to make everything ass backwards? Why are Audi tie-rods connected at the top of the steering knuckle, making alignments a HUGE pain in the ass? Why do all European cars have a 14 step process to reset the oil light? WHY DONT LATE MODEL BMWS HAVE DIPSTICKS????!?!?!?! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE EM ALL[/quote]

Like the statistics say: VW has more cars on the road with over 100,000 miles than any other make. I’ve never ever seen an American built car last longer than 250,000mile. Mercedes, VW, Audi, BMW. They surpass that mark and keep going. Just to rub in how awesome German cars are you have obviously never seen someone pull a Jeep out of a ditch in a blizzard with an ancient Audi 100 Quattro…..like I have, laughing.

At least with European cars you wont need both metric and imperial tools at hand.

Pat61Pat61
                        Participant

[quote=”nickwarner” post=51155]Without a doubt the Chrysler K-car series, a platform which covered multiple models for years. Visually unappealing, not enough power to get out of their own way, PITA to work with. The only time one of these brought happiness to its owner was when they drove it to the salvage yard and watched as a crane lowered its claws into it to toss it into the abyss.[/quote]

LMAO! Better add Chevy’s Citation to that list. I’ve seen more than one husband that was all too happy to surrender this vehicle to his soon to be ex. I even knew a guy that willingly kept up the insurance on one because he knew the car would always be in the shop…

P.S. Anything from Land Rover, most Chrysler products (except Jeep) Euro cars (excluding the Volvo 3.2L and a few 7 series BMWs) and almost all domestic cars built after 1979. I especially hated Ford’s variable venturi V-8s and GM’s 1/2 metric 1/2 SAE cobble jobs that dominated the 80s. And while I’m ranting I might add Ford’s FE V-8 to the list. Why they produced that boat anchor when the perfectly good 460 was available is anyone’s guess. Want to learn how to swear? Try working on a 6.5 turbo diesel…

P.S.S. I use to make fun of the rice rockets that talked to you, but now they rule the roost -especially Toyota. And yes, I like domestic SUVs and light trucks (except Chrysler, you know, the Cummins engine with a Dodge wrapped around it).

Pat61Pat61
                          Participant

[quote=”nickwarner” post=51155]Without a doubt the Chrysler K-car series, a platform which covered multiple models for years. Visually unappealing, not enough power to get out of their own way, PITA to work with. The only time one of these brought happiness to its owner was when they drove it to the salvage yard and watched as a crane lowered its claws into it to toss it into the abyss.[/quote]

LMAO! Better add Chevy’s Citation to that list. I’ve seen more than one husband that was all too happy to surrender this vehicle to his soon to be ex. I even knew a guy that willingly kept up the insurance on one because he knew the car would always be in the shop…

P.S. Anything from Land Rover, most Chrysler products (except Jeep) Euro cars (excluding the Volvo 3.2L and a few 7 series BMWs) and almost all domestic cars built after 1979. I especially hated Ford’s variable venturi V-8s and GM’s 1/2 metric 1/2 SAE cobble jobs that dominated the 80s. And while I’m ranting I might add Ford’s FE V-8 to the list. Why they produced that boat anchor when the perfectly good 460 was available is anyone’s guess. Want to learn how to swear? Try working on a 6.5 turbo diesel…

P.S.S. I use to make fun of the rice rockets that talked to you, but now they rule the roost -especially Toyota. And yes, I like domestic SUVs and light trucks (except Chrysler, you know, the Cummins engine with a Dodge wrapped around it).

ZachZach
                            Participant

Least favorite cars,
                              Honda jumps to my head for this topic, and its not because I’m a 4th Gen Trans am owner with a Lt1 350 or a posi rear end that takes corners like a champ. Ok I’ll admit it, I’ve owned 3 Hondas when I was 17,18 years old they were in fact my first 3 cars! I jumped from my 91 accord to my 96 civic’s in 2 years and “yeah” they were great reliable cars with amazing gas mileage, and easy to mod but they alll had one thing in common to me. THEY WERE BORING! For me anyways and EVERYBODY HAS THEM and mods them idk I got nothing out of them. I switched to GM my trans am is a bitch to work on and the gas mileage I’m seeing SUCKS but as far as driving the car and enjoying the car I’m driving makes the long nights in the gradge and high gas prices all worth while 🙂 if I had to drive a foreign car ahh Toyota all the way

ZachZach
                              Participant

Least favorite cars,
                                Honda jumps to my head for this topic, and its not because I’m a 4th Gen Trans am owner with a Lt1 350 or a posi rear end that takes corners like a champ. Ok I’ll admit it, I’ve owned 3 Hondas when I was 17,18 years old they were in fact my first 3 cars! I jumped from my 91 accord to my 96 civic’s in 2 years and “yeah” they were great reliable cars with amazing gas mileage, and easy to mod but they alll had one thing in common to me. THEY WERE BORING! For me anyways and EVERYBODY HAS THEM and mods them idk I got nothing out of them. I switched to GM my trans am is a bitch to work on and the gas mileage I’m seeing SUCKS but as far as driving the car and enjoying the car I’m driving makes the long nights in the gradge and high gas prices all worth while 🙂 if I had to drive a foreign car ahh Toyota all the way

ErinErin
                                Participant

Nissan Cube and Honda Element are side by side topping the list for me.
                                  Both those monstrosities look like an outhouse on wheels. They are just fugly.

Smart car – Looks like it’s face got smashed in. If the designers of rental roller skates or ugly bowling shoes made a car, this would be it.

Toyota Prius – Cannot really say what these cars make me think of…

Ford Fusion – American ricer mobile for suburban dads who were into the fast and furious saga.

El Camino and Ford Ranchero – No. Just, no….

Dodge Caravan – About as exciting as a pair of socks. It is the Limbo of vehicles.
                                  At least with the above mentioned cars, they had SOMEthing notable about them (good or bad). The caravan though, it is just, nothing. The epitome of plain. Like Tofu.
                                  “hey I got a new ride”
                                  “yeah? What is it?”
                                  “Caravan”
                                  “Oh. Hey so later this week did you still want to help me alphabetize my cans of vegetables?”

ErinErin
                                  Participant

Nissan Cube and Honda Element are side by side topping the list for me.
                                    Both those monstrosities look like an outhouse on wheels. They are just fugly.

Smart car – Looks like it’s face got smashed in. If the designers of rental roller skates or ugly bowling shoes made a car, this would be it.

Toyota Prius – Cannot really say what these cars make me think of…

Ford Fusion – American ricer mobile for suburban dads who were into the fast and furious saga.

El Camino and Ford Ranchero – No. Just, no….

Dodge Caravan – About as exciting as a pair of socks. It is the Limbo of vehicles.
                                    At least with the above mentioned cars, they had SOMEthing notable about them (good or bad). The caravan though, it is just, nothing. The epitome of plain. Like Tofu.
                                    “hey I got a new ride”
                                    “yeah? What is it?”
                                    “Caravan”
                                    “Oh. Hey so later this week did you still want to help me alphabetize my cans of vegetables?”

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 130 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…