Menu

What was the last tool you bought?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk What was the last tool you bought?

• Creator
    Topic
    cedicolcedicol
    Participant

I bought a new floor jack of the trade mark Rodac. It’s a 3 Ton jack with a quick up pedal on it. I bought it very

Viewing 15 replies - 346 through 360 (of 419 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      James O'HaraJames O’Hara
      Participant

Expert 5 Piece Metric Flare Nut Wrench Set – 6 Point :E112503

Expert 4 Piece Flare Nut Wrench Set – 6 Point :E112504

Grey Pneumatic 2024XD | 1/2″ Drive x 3/4″ Extra-Deep Length Extra-Deep Impact

Grey Pneumatic 1113MSD | 3/8″ Drive x 13mm Semi-Deep Length Impact

Douglas HaynesDouglas Haynes
        Participant

I just got a Power Probe butane soldering kit.

I like the butane soldering irons because I am often not in the shop and finding a close outlet is not always easy. I also think it heats up much faster and gets hotter than most small electric ones. Not to mention it works great on heat shrink.

Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
          Participant

I bought this last month. I didn’t need it, but it was on sale for $10. I’m sure it will come in handy some day.

Gary BrownGary
            Participant

Some new impact sockets. Grey Pneumatic 1/2 inch Metric deeps. GP makes some great stuff.

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
              Participant

I just bought Snap-On SDM32KT approx $85.

For you DIY guys that have time to wait for manufacturer warranty here is the exact same set only from VIM VIS112 approx $45.

They are pretty hearty bits but, the ball torx can round and snap with enough pressure. As with all ball products.

WilliamWilliam
                Participant

Toyota oil filter wrench, the one that fits a 3/8 drive.

Before that I believe it was my flashlight. Love being able to see!

Adam LaBrecqueAdam LaBrecque
                  Participant

More than happy, have to say 2 outta 3. Full set of armstong long wrenches for the home tool set, now I don’t need to bring stuff from work and kick my self for forgetting to bring them back, $25 ebay. Kobalt 3 roller drawer tool box, finally don’t have to work out of three different bags; ie. elec, wrench/ ratchet, and drivers. Plus the top/ lid holds fuzes, jumpers, gloves, glasses, two dvoms and knick knacks. Super happy good improvement I think. Lastly … the dud. I should of known better. I was at HF just getting some cheap make ready tools for our two new lot techs, and when I was lookig at their meter selections I thought I saw a deal. Not much to choose from but I saw an AC/DC clamp on amp meter. Just assumed. I guess it’s good for AC elec. work, but I use mostly DC. Yes I need to diag AC volts and currents on a daily basis, but for Rvs batteries are the heart and soul. Even the Ac appliances need a 12 volt signal to the pc boards just to work correctly. long story short, 4 settings for ac, 1 for dc; voltage only, and barely. No DC amps, that’s what I thought I was getting. My fault- didn’t read the package. No biggie, $6.00. The cheepo red ones are at least somewhat more accurite for voltage. Gonna get another nice yellow UEI Just for home, still need to upgrade for hertz, but that’s just for generator diag mostly. Buy a good meter, save later.

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
                    Participant

Bought a PowerBuilt 3/8 drive socket set , so cool buying a new set to add to the tool chest .[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/22/396dfa00380aa6ce79d0d255f9cec86b.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/22/cfb96889c06c9f507ff8df6554600dcb.jpg[/IMG]

tomcraddtomcradd
                      Participant

Bosch KTS570 Diagnostic Platform, really nice, really expensive.

RobRob
                        Participant

Snap On ECFHKY magnetic swiveling mini work lamp. It fits everywhere and provides an unbelievable amount of light, charges on the same mini usb adapter as my smart phone.

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
                          Participant

Vim 7 Pc Extra Long Ball Torx Set

Mayhew 5Pc Dominator Curved Pry Bar with FREE 60in Line Up Pry Bar

Matthew RossMatthew Ross
                            Participant

I just bought the 3M Roloc brake hub cleaning kit. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013HHNPY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

I use it to remove rust and corrosion on wheel hubs and the brake rotors (the surface that mates up with the wheel).

I highly recommend it.

MikeMike
                              Participant

Some pretty specialized stuff recently:

A Steck Hatch Jammer: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C6QBYK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
                                I’ve seen our paintless dent guy use this, and I asked him about it and got one myself for when I have to drill out license plate bolts (frequently done in a busy used car dealer) or work on the garnish/grip molding above the plate area where the lights are.

A #27 Drill bit (0.144″): https://store.snapon.com/Product-Details-DBCE27A-P641811.aspx
                                This is the bore size of the sling mounting studs found on guns. I was unable to find out what the industry standard spec size online. I had to buy a set of Uncle Mike’s sling swivels (that use industry standard attachment pins) and the instructions inside the package finally told me the size. Just a FYI on that industry standard sling stud bore diameter.

wafrederickwafrederick
                                Participant

[quote=”tomcradd” post=143988]Bosch KTS570 Diagnostic Platform, really nice, really expensive.[/quote]
                                  Problem is finding a rep when you have a problem with it,Bosch either fires them or the rep quits.Plus Bosch does not stand behind their diagnostic equipment,it is yours with no tech support at all after purchase.

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
                                  Participant

Turbo Socket 1/4″ drive TS2580 – (8mm, 5/16”) , Snap-On BT518 Tool, Brake Shoe (for air brakes with “S” cam design)

Absolutely love turbo sockets. Great for rounded fastener and stud removal.

Viewing 15 replies - 346 through 360 (of 419 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…